Thursday, January 28, 2010

New Chunky Pages

Been plodding along with my pieces for the Art Unraveled Technique Chunky Book pages. Other than following the steps from Alisa Burke's Graffiti Chic workshop from Art Unraveled last summer, I havn't had a plan for these pages. I did the first layer over Winter Break. Last week I took out the paints, some toys and added color and pattern.I did two things I don't normally do. I used more muted colors and I didn't completely cover the whole background. Once the fabric dried I tore it into 4"x 8" pieces.The dripping black paint looked a little extreme. Being only half way through the project I knew I had to trust that I would move along and bring everything together once I was done.I was using white paint and had a bunch left over. What to do? What to do? So I went hunting in my classrroom and pulled out one of my examples of a hand carved stamp that we use in a 5th grade project. This little house shape "fit" the best.With 40 plus pieces to complete for this swap, it's all about production mode. The paint is dry and the back is ready for me to write the workshop title and my name. The front still needs a few layers. I haven't decided what I'll collage on but I'm on the hunt and the sewing machine is going to come out too.
Marissa

No comments:

Post a Comment