Sunday, December 13, 2009

Breathtaking

Thursday was practically a throw away day. "Black" wasn't dark enough to describe my mood. I managed to give myself a big enough kick in the a** to get myself showered, dressed up and to drive downtown to Symphony Hall.We saw the ballet. It's been years since I've been to a theater performance of any kind. It was the first ballet for the Chicklet. She enjoyed it. I loved it.

As an undergrad in the San Francisco area, we had a class where we saw performances on a weekly basis. Traditional to the avant garde, we saw it all. We wrote notes on cards where we broke down the various areas of each production: dialogue, set design, costume, lighting , etc. Between fashion and art, my two loves, is costume for the theater.The production was breathtaking. Just when I thought I'd seen my favorite part, there'd be another character, another costume to take the top spot. It salvaged the day.
Marissa

No comments:

Post a Comment