Monday, December 14, 2009

Gelty As Charged!

Happy Hanukkah!
As much as I actually looked forward to partaking in our staff party this year, my mind was only on latkes. Lotsa, lotsa latkes.

So I got home and that's what we made. We have no family recipe but I've adopted a recipe from an issue of "Living" from a few years back. It's become my standard. RV Guy made fun of my salsa making technique. Then he couldn't stop eating it. He made a similar crack when I said I was making "vegetable" latkes. He made sure to ask me to save him some, though.We joined friends to celebrate the first night of Hanukkah.If you're going to serve pasta, then make it Star of David and dreidal pasta, no?The game of dreidal was fierce with fistfuls of gelt exchanging hands. Trails of gold foil led us back to our children. The Chicklet was pretty good at waiting for her first gift. She was thrilled to receive a tin of four Twilight themed journals. I saw them out and she was busily writing in one in the morning.

The Chicklet's Girl Scout troop is making holiday cards for the residents in a assisted living facility. The girls got together to make these little cuties. I was called into action to work the sewing machine. Vroom, vroom...
The Santas are pockets which will get filled with some sweets.For months since we brought Maica home, the Chicklet has been looking forward to the parade of boats at the Islands, a development in Gilbert. Maica's foster family invited us to a party they host every year. Off we went.The houses and boats were colorfully lit. We rid on the boat during the parade and the Chicklet put her pitching arm to use tossing candies to the children as we went past. That's the part she'd looked forward to all these monthes. Fun was had by all.
Marissa

1 comment:

  1. What a great time it looks like you had. Glad for you, so glad!

    ReplyDelete