Thursday, October 1, 2009

May the Flies of 1000 Camels....

infest the armpits of the powers that be at Cox Communications!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can you tell that I'm not thrilled by the service I received yesterday?

I'm going to rant for a bit so if you're not in the mood for one, now's the time to bail, LOL.

The Cable Guy from Cox showed up last night. My modem had gone bad and was replaced. According to him, my Internet was up and running. I was in the middle of having dinner, feeding the dogs and taking a phone call. OK, good. My Internet was up again. YEA!!!! Off he went.

After everything had calmed down and the Chicklet was in bed, I was on the laptop ready to look up some websites and planning to update my blog. No Internet..... huh? Checked the iMac. No Internet.
WHAT?!

I dialed the number for Cox as the smoke started to come out of my ears. Luckily we were able to get the Internet going on the iMac. The laptop was a whole other problem. My Wi-fi was no longer working. WTF? It was working before my Cox service went on the fritz... Cox's response?
Cox-I could connect you to Apple.
Me-There's nothing wrong with my laptop. My Wi-Fi was working before, why isn't it now?
Cox-Let me talk to my supervisor.
Cox-Is the Ethernet connection connected to your computer or your router?
Me-It appears to be connected to the iMac.
Cox-You'll have to plug it into your router.
Me-There's 4 places I can plug it into? How do I know which is the right one?
Cox-I can connect you to Linksys......

I HUNG UP! I was so fed up with them basically telling me that they replaced my modem, the rest was up to me to fix. I kept saying that everything was working prior to their service going down. Obviously the tech didn't put the plugs back in place and he'd asked me if I used my Wi-Fi and I said yes, I did. AAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So I'm blogging from work. We're going over the new report card system and I'm currently tuning them out as they rehash the myriad of glitches in this new system that is constantly being tweaked. Big sigh..........

So tonight instead of hanging out and watching Project Runway, I'll be hunting down the manuel for the Wi-Fi router to see if I can figure out where all the plugs go. I won't be calling the computer geek ex that set everything up for me to begin with. Oh, no...... He's not the only person in the world who can connect some wires in the right places....If only it was more like threading a sewing machine....
Marissa

No comments:

Post a Comment