Sunday, December 21, 2008

Big Bird

The Chicklet and I had a busy weekend last week. Sunday afternoon we joined others from our congregation for a Hanukkah event at a local Borders Bookstore. We had a good look around the store before leaving.

Our eye(s) focused on this book in the display window with a BIG flamingo on the cover. We couldn't find it in the store and were on our way back to the car. Then I noticed the price...$13.00. No way! We went back in, found someone to help us pull the book from the window, and yes, it was the correct price which was less with my teacher discount.
When I said it was a big bird, it's because it's a big book. Here it's laying open flat with my composition book on top. I could add some legs to this baby and it literally would be a coffee table book, LOL. Wasn't that a Seinfeld episode?

The book is parked on our coffee table now. There's some great images!

This is my free weekend and yesterday was my run-around day. On the top of my list was a visit to the Scottsdale Museum of Contemporary Art. I'll save that for it's own post.

While in Scottsdale, I popped in on Debbie at Frenzy Stamper. Good timing! Look what I found:Nifty Cuttlebug embossing plates and best of all-bar code tape. I'll probably head back sometime this week with the Chicklet. The horses on the horse fountain had wreathes on them and they looked especially festive. We'll get some fun pictures. Maybe we should find some wreathes to put around our necks too.Call me silly but some habits are hard to break. I happened to have left my toiletry bag in California when we went for Thanksgiving. No biggie but I did leave one item behind that I didn't have another of. The only place I ever found them was in Chinatown in L.A. Not like I make my way there whenever. Then I wondered; could I find them in the grocery store at the Chinese Cultural Center here in Phoenix?Yessiree! I found a new washcloth!!!!! The green one is now hanging in my shower. The pink one will go in my gym bag. I also pick up some joss papers and some bi-lingual newspapers. Debbie and I had been talking about using foriegn language text for collage backgrounds. I'm going to dig around and see if I have any books in Spanish. I'm sure I have a few. Come to think of it, I have some Norwegian books. Not sure I would alter them but I could copy the text. I wonder if I have my old hebrew writing books...It was too late to get any sunlight in the garden but the afternoon colors and shadows were appealing on these dragons.I passed by a bridal shop in the center. This dress caught my attention. Somehow, somewhere, the ruffles and the lacing are going to inspire a project. Something to ponder.

Ok, time to load another load of laundry while I start wrapping Hanukkah presents.

Happy Hanukkah!
Marissa

No comments:

Post a Comment