Thursday, October 23, 2008

Taking it Easy

Fall break is almost over. The week has gone by quickly. My partner in crime, Nancy, and I made a visit to the Desert Botanical Garden while my car was at the mechanic getting new brake pads.
The Monarch butterfly exhibit is open. We managed to get there while there were very few people and got away just as the school groups were arriving....
We like to take the Native Peoples path. After a visit to the pond we passed the gardens. It's the first time I remember seeing growing gourds. We saw plenty of birds but i didn't see one lizard or wild hare. that's rare....
I absolutely love this agave. Although this image was somewhat suggestive while I was rotating the image. I'm hanging out with the gal pals today who at times are a bad influence.
Mr. and Mrs. Quail were out and about. I would love to one day get a better lens to zoom in from a distance.

It's been a busy week. been in the studio most evenings. I have some new finds and a newly altered composition book to share later this weekend.

Marissa

1 comment:

  1. Great pics! Looks like it was a great day. I am home from Michigan. I have missed your blog...

    ReplyDelete