Thursday, October 16, 2008

More ATCs

Dug a little bit deeper and came up with a few more individually made ATCs from Sunday night.
I was feeling better Tuesday night and was feeling restless. I made a couple more patterned sheets but I stuck to unscented, classroom friendly markers. The color palette was limiting but I didn't want to take any chances that I'd get a repeat performance of the spinning room.
The plan was to make multiple copies of this black and white drawing.
Markers in hand, the design changed with each switch of the color palette.
Reminds me of Kent Cloth. I love Kente. I'll have to take a look at my examples for more color ideas.
Black/White/Red. Classic. I absolutely love this combination, day in, day out.
Pinks and purples... Until the Chicklet came into my life, pink wasn't in my vocabulary. For a few years I was able to keep it confined to her wardrobe. Then I caved and painted her room in what is now referred to as the "Pink Palace." Pink and purple together? My students like it-these are for them.
Pink and orange. I've loved it since I saw Teesha Moore's work in True Colors.
Colors of the flag of Ghana.
There's still about 6 or 7 sheets to complete to have enough to trade with 130 students. Tonight I'm going through the ATCs my students have made and completing grades for the quarter.

What's one more late night? Last night I was in the studio putting together my Halloween pages into a book. I'm thrilled with it. It's going to be a very unexpected gift that's going in the mail tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment