Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Lost Day

I was making cracks about the Sharpie fumes last night. Well maybe I was tempting fate. I woke up this morning and the room was spinning. Who knows if it was the marker fumes or something I ate but the only thing holding me up were the walls.

The Chicklet was late to school this morning for the first time in 3 1/2 years. I had to hug some porcelain before I felt better enough to drive her to school. The rest of the day was spent in bed. A whole day, down the drain...
I wrote about the ATCs my 5th graders are working on. We started out with crayons, stencils and water based makers. Below are some of the examples I demonstrated in class. Above are the examples I started demonstrating collage and using magazines.
These are the ones I worked on Sunday night but forgot to take to school yesterday. Each card was done individually.
After working on individual cards for an evening, I thought I'd get more bang for my buck by making full pages of designs, then cut them into cards. The following measure
8 1/2" x 11".

My first attempt. This was dog #1. More color and it will be fine.
Dog #2. It's really not bad but I can't see cutting it into ATCs and it looking like anything but background so the plan is to use credit card to add paint to the surface.
When all else fails, I go back to a grid.
They started out simple and got a bit more complicated.
The color palette was limited to keep things moving along.
I'll photocopy this one and add color to multiple pieces.
The last one for the evening last night.
I'll make color copies before I cut each sheet into ATCs. I'm curious to see how the patterns turn out. Each sheet makes 10 cards. With some color copies and the colored in black and white pages, I should have enough cards to trade with five 5th grade classes.

Marissa

No comments:

Post a Comment