Thursday, April 17, 2008

Scattered

That's pretty much how I'm feeling. I so wanted to write in my journal Monday night only to realize it wasn't with me. Tuesday I didn't stay late at work but went home to relax a bit. I anticipated that it was "the calm before the storm." Unfortunately, it proved all too true. Issues with the Ex are coming to a head again and unfortunately the Chicklet gets caught in the middle. Police were called and they in turn couldn't do anything because of court orders so I'm left having to write up paper work to file with the court. It sucks.

It sucks up my energy, it sucks my optimism that there is good in all people. It sucks up my time.

I'm way behind schedule meeting a deadline at work. So why am I sitting here writing? I have to express myself somehow. I'm pretty stressed but I won't write in my journal cuz I don't want to stew in the negativity. I can behave myself better here.

It's time for our district's yearly student art show at a local mall. Every year I think I don't have enough good student art work. And every year my kids do us proud. Dolphins Rock!Here's some of the work that was up in our district office last month. I'll pull from these projects and other work set aside for the exhibition. Above are 3rd grade pastel flowers. Below are 5th grade stamping projects-each child designed and carved their own stamp out of an eraser. The square pieces are 4th grade Portfolio pastel drawings.

Each child used a viewfinder on an Arizona road map creating a composition of lines and shapes. They drew the compostion in a larger scale, selected 3 colors of pastel and went on blend color to create depth. Messy but fun!

Marissa

4 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry to hear of the turmoil. Life can be cruel. Its good that you can come to express feelings here and sort it out.
    Know that I am thinking of you and wishing the best for you and chicklet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you for writing. Good luck with the kid's show. You are a creative and passionate force to be reckoned with. When I read your blog it makes me want to be a better artist. Be safe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love children's art...so colorful and free. One can tell that they have a good teacher.

    Cory in Glendale, AZ

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh...and I LOVE the kids art. I sure do miss them around me..

    ReplyDelete