Sunday, April 27, 2008

Got Wings?

Finished my 3"x3" Itty Bitty page for the "Things with Wings" swap at Frenzy Stamper yesterday. I'm glad I didn't freak about my lack of flies. I had enough pages for everyone who participated. Sandwich anyone?The variety of pages in the swap was really nice. Now I have to get off my butt and bind my books. Yes, "books." I haven't bound my pages for any of the swaps hosted by Jane that I've participated in at Frenzy.I try take a walk and check out the galleries while waiting for the pages to get swapped out. Wasn't up to it yesterday. I did get some exercise walking around the store. Another issue of Somerset Studios Artful Blogging is out. Guess what I was reading last night?

Picked up some Adirondack Metallic Mixatives. I've never used them before but love their alcohol inks with Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist so I'll try this next. The floral stamp is from Hero Arts and Stampers Anonymous makes the numbered rubber stamp. I love numbers and am #7 in Jane's next swap.

As for the cockroach stencil...It beckoned me last time I was in the store but I ignored it. The cucaracha called to me again yesterday. It's mine now. What I'm going to use it for, who knows. If/when I start dating again, it might get some use, lol. That would be funny but I think I can spot the players before ever going out on a date.

Speaking earlier about.... My couch has acquired a very nice impression of my derriere this weekend. Didn't spend much time in bed with this cold/cough thing but kept the couch warm instead.

Gathered images for my inspiration collage for tomorrow's desert landscape design class. It's the last one of four. There's still so much to do and learn but it's been great so far. Tomorrow I'll take these images and get them on a board to take to class.
The images are a mixture of pages from magazines, color copies of some of those and some of my own photos taken of desert plants. If you've been in my house you'll recognize my attraction to bright colors. Each room in our house has 3 color washes of a combination of these colors-yellow, red, teal and cobalt blue. The only exception is the Chicklet's room AKA "the Pink Palace." Her room is pink, of course, red and a muted green.

Mom used to watch her Mexican soap operas. I got sucked into watching a couple of them too. Not only did my spanish improve but I used to "study" how some of the rooms were decorated.

Marissa

No comments:

Post a Comment