Sunday, February 2, 2014

So Close, Yet So Far


A few weeks ago I had a couple of hours to kill and made my way to catch the last day of an exhibit at the Phoenix Art Museum. It was also the last day of the ikebana/Japanese art of flower arranging display. Some of the same artists have had their work on display at the The Japanese Friendship Garden at Margaret T. Hance park in downtown Phoenix.
 It's been awhile since The Chick and I have been on an excursion. She was enthusiastic about joining me. That's a nice change for my teenager.
We've been meaning to visit this garden for some time but you know how it is, never enough time in a day.
We arrived right as the garden opened at 10am. We were asked to put our cell phones on vibrate and keep to the paths.
It was a beautiful day for a walk. Not too cool with some clouds in the sky. The Chick and I had our cameras ready.
The ikebana displays varied. Some were simple, others more sculptural.
  
 
The garden was quiet and serene.
The highlight was feeding the koi fish.
 
 
The ducks joined in as did some pigeons.
We found so many different plants and textures to photograph.
 
 
 
 
 
The Chick asked if we could return in the spring time when the garden is in bloom. We sure will.
 We promise to come back and visit you little friend!
Marissa

2 comments:

  1. Wow, thank you for sharing this...I enjoyed it. I live nearby the art museum and didn't even realize there's a Japanese garden there. It's on my list of things to do now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love our local Japanese gardens here in Los Angeles. This one looks very serene and beautiful. Glad you had a great time! :)

    ReplyDelete