Saturday, November 27, 2010

Spanish Market

Spanish Market was held at the Heard Museum two weeks ago. Last year when I went, a friend asked that I let her know about it the next time it came around. So off we went with our daughters.There was plenty to see, like the quilted car, above.Painted metal whirligigs. Either one of these would look just fine in my garden.Patrick Murrillo's pooch.

I remembered to take my book by Kathy Cano-Murillo and have her sign it this year. We spent a lot of time at her booth Oohing and ahhing over her creations. There was so much fun stuff.

We stopped by Fr. Jorge Eager's booth to look at his latest Cajitas/Shrines. He used some hummingbirds in his shrines that I'd given him. It's always a trip to see how two artists can use the same material in completely different ways. His artwork is so beautiful. I was admiring the pieces and it took awhile for it to dawn on me that we had the same hummingbirds.

The Chicklet and I took one of his workshops today. We were both very happy with our shrines. The Chicklet has been carrying hers around the house. She wants to make another. I'll be photographing hers tomorrow. Mine is missing the focal image. I know what I'm using. I hadn't realized that I have plenty of pictures of my aunt but no copies. Oops!

Marissa

1 comment:

  1. Cool! I'm thinking about heading down to the Heard Museum's ornament sale tomorrow - something unique to send to the gringos back in the Midwest!

    ReplyDelete