Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Color Crazy? Join us!

I was fortunate enough to attend California College of Arts and Crafts for undergrad. (It's now California College of the Arts...)I had a work/study job in the school library. That was close to heaven.At the time, the library had approximately 30,000 volumes. The majority of those were in the 700's of the Dewey Decimal System, the Arts. I grew to have favorite books that I would visit often.We also had an extensive library of visual resources. A clipping file. There were rows and rows of file cabinets behind the counter full of images clipped from magazines. Students could check out images to aid us in our art projects. In a sense it's comparable to Google images. Over the years I too began to gather images for my own reference library and artwork. These collages have been made from images pulled from my clipping files. I have plastic drawers labeled by color filled with page after page of magazine images.These are all glue and cut images. Not a speck of paint to be seen.I'll be teaching a class this Saturday at Frenzy Stamper in Scottsdale from 10am-1pm. We'll be making collages emphasizing, color, layering, composition...and fun! Join us!
Marissa

1 comment:

  1. just stunning....i need to start saving pics for you...

    ReplyDelete