Thursday, December 18, 2008

Poinsettia Fest

Pretty, huh? I'm a tad behind on posting. The Chicklet and I caught sight of this colorful sunset last week and made our way to our secret spot to watch the colors change. After an exhausting week, watching the sunset turned a switch in my head and made me a lot more pleasant to be around...I read about the Poinsettia Festival in a local magazine. It was at a local nursery on Baseline Rd. and 32nd Street. One regret I have is that I never went to South Phoenix to check out all the nurseries that once ran from one end to the other on Baseline. Now that land is full of cookie cutter developments....Given the opportunity to catch a glimpse, I put the festival high on our to do list.

We were greeted by a sea of poinsettias! Wow!!! We also got a snippet of a broken branch. It's drying between some sheets of paper under the weight of many books. I'm curious to see how well the color holds up.
Ooh la la! Aren't we sparkly! It's hard to get a good picture of us. What a treat!A frilly beauty. Peppermint.... I didn't write names down. They sure were beautiful. We started the morning off with jackets and then it got warm enough to go without. Sunday the clouds came. We are so spoiled. I was happy to finally see sun again today.

Marissa

1 comment:

  1. I love the Poinsettia Festival. Unfortunately, I was unable to attend it this year, but I've gone almost every year for 10 years or so. So glad you discovered it. I send lots of people there just to take their family holiday picture against the backdrop of the poinsettias! It's a bit of holiday magic. Glad you guys enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete