Wednesday, November 5, 2008

New Journal

As much as I love to look at visual journals my journals are full of words. Marrying artwork and words hasn't worked for me. I get caught up in one or the other but both has been a struggle. I'm averaging one composition book every 3 months. This one's the latest.
The colors have an autumn feel to them so I chose this one from my stash. I can't resist picking up a bunch of new designs during back-to-school sales.
I pulled out some of these Basic Grey papers to use in altering my book.Above are the inside front and back covers. I used a Martha Stewart border punch on the edges of the patterned papers. So far it's only papers without other layers. I've fallen in love with paper the way I love fabric but paper isn't as bulky!Pocket page! I used some of the leftover heavy vellum I'd painted with a wash of pearlescent white for my Day of the Dead Halloween pages. The edges were trimmed with the border punch and a few embellishment from the Basic Grey kit were added.
I need a diamond punch. In all my years of shopping in scrapbook and paper stores, I don't think I've seen one. I wanted to use a shape that would work with the stripes so I concocted some method for cutting out diamonds. If you just glance they look fine.....Once the edges were inked and the pieces were glued down my obsession with circles came into play with brads and eyelets.

I'm still undecided whether to paper over the oval title or add another a book plate, etc. When it really starts to bug me I'll see what I can dig up but for now, it's fine.

After staying up til 1 am last night with election results and all the commentary, I was beat. This morning I awakened with lots of thoughts and was up writing at 6am. Regardless of anyone's political affiliation, the results are historic. I really wish my mom was around to share this with... I'm glad the election is finally over, the ads are over and the character assasination is over. We have a sense of direction. I hope the politicos can reach across the aisle and work together. Big dreams....

No comments:

Post a Comment