Wednesday, August 27, 2008

We're a little Bit warped

The day has been non-stop. My 5th graders painted and the place looked like a disaster zone. It was all spiffy for my Kindergarteners this afternoon. We're getting into the flow. I even had some of them cracking up as I was making comments about chickens. What is it about chickens that makes kids laugh?
The laughes were much needed. I had an extremely unpleasant encounter yesterday that continues to affect my mood. I decided to find some pics that bring a smile to my face.
These pics were taken at the local pool while the Chicklet was at swimming lessons. Trying to capture the movement of the water was an interesting and fun challenge. The Chicklet and I had some laughes over these.
I have an appointment for another EMDR session. I was all over the map with so many things coming up at the last one. I haven't been able to find my focus this past week although it might have been found yesterday.

I am so fed up with people and their BS. Why can't adults grow up? Unfortunately, we often have to deal with and encounter some of these folks day after day. Toxic...... Is it a wonder I am such a lone wolf?
Kids may be kids and some of them make me insane but that's their job!

After waking up in the middle of the night and not being able to go back to sleep for hours. It was a pleasure and reassurance to come to work this morning. It's not only a caring and nurturing environment for children but for our whole staff. I'm so glad to be a Tarver Dolphin!

Marissa

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry to hear that you are having a rough time. I have removed a great deal of the toxic interactions in my life by becoming self employed, but that brings its own set of issues. :-)

    It sounds like the joy of the flow and the natural happiness in the environment are your tonic for that. Good that you have those working for you. Take care of yourself. The rest has a way of working itself out.

    ReplyDelete